Browse database - instructions
This feature allows you browse through the data entered by the Herein national coordinators regarding their heritage policies.
1. Select a state or semi-autonomous unit.
Responsibility for heritage lies at different levels in member states (eg. regions). These levels are referred to as “semi-autonomous units” (SAUs) and are presented in the scroll down tool indented underneath the state they belong to.
The relevant geopolitical data for the state or semi-autonomous unit appears.
2. You may check the language options for a state or SAU by clicking on “language”. Data has been entered in either English or French (the two official languages of the Council of Europe). Data will only appear in the language in which it has been entered.
3. Select the theme you wish to browse through.
4. If you wish to filter data according to type of heritage, select Type; and click on one or several of the following types:
- Integrated approach
- Archaeological heritage
- Architectural Heritage
- Landscape Heritage
5. Inventories. It is possible to check the inventories of a state or SAU by choosing from the drop-down list of inventories.
6. As data is entered year after year, it will be possible to filter the data according to the year it was entered and archived (usually at the end of a year). All data on line is updated regularly throughout the year.